This was a Facebook Live in which I covered the impact your cognitive functions might have on your energy and also some practical tips on how to better manage your energy today.Read More
Conflict! Ignoring it, avoiding it, or otherwise pretending it doesn't exist is not a healthy expression of our personality type. So how can we, as INFJs, deal with conflict? In this Facebook Live, I answered questions that were submitted about dealing with conflict as an INFJ...Read More
As promised, here's part 2 of 5 healthy habits INFJs can incorporate into their lives to make their self-development a priority. Be sure to watch all the way to the end where I share...Read More
What healthy habits can INFJs incorporate into their lives? Today I'm sharing five important habits in this first part of a two-part video series. How many of these do you do on a daily basis?Read More
Watch this video for help normalizing your lack of confidence and to learn six ways to start increasing your confidence right now. I'll also share two principles that will lay the foundation for developing your confidence.Read More
The INFJ women I work with in my coaching practice often struggle with how to deal with conflict. In this video, I get real and share three situations, related to my INFJ personality, in which I created conflict for myself due to...Read More
I recently did a Facebook Live to discuss the idea of feeling "stuck" as an INFJ. Take a look at let me know what you think in the comments!Read More
In this Facebook Live I talk about why INFJs get stuck overthinking and what we can do about it. Good news! Your brain is beautiful just the way it is. In this video, I share three reasons WHY you overthink, including the technical reason that has to do with...Read More
If you want to learn more about your INFJ personality type, sign up to receive...Read More
I'm back with 8 things INFJs say. Here we go!
- If that makes any sense. - We’re aware that what we say is not always translated well by others, so we may find ourselves adding this to the end of our sentences, or asking, “Do you get what I’m saying?” Knowing that we’re frequently misunderstood, we also desperately want others to understand us.
- Nothing, at the time, but 5 minutes after the conversation on a topic stops, you have a really insightful thought to add to the conversation. You were still thinking about the conversation long after it stopped, but others will probably see your insight as out of the blue.
- I don’t know how I know, I just know. - Your intuition works without you even having to try by connecting patterns, events, and ideas in the background while you go about your day. Then an idea pops into your mind, seemingly out of nowhere. Trying to explain how you know is nearly impossible.
- This just doesn’t feel right. - This goes along with the I don’ know how I know, I just know. Your gut tells you something and it just doesn’t feel right.
- I’m sorry…repeatedly, even if it’s not our fault!
- I get what you’re saying, but… - We’re always looking at a different perspective and trying to see all sides.
- I read this article the other day… - This can also be “One time, I ___” and proceed to tell an not-too-private story about ourselves to relate to the situation. Articles we’ve read, podcasts we’ve listened to, or personal experiences are frequently shared in an effort to help the other person feel related to and comfortable.
- Is there anything I can do to help?…we’ll say this even if we don’t really mean it, but more often than not, we genuinely want to help.
And that's what INFJs say! What other things do we say? Comment below and tell me the things YOU find yourself saying frequently.
If you’re an INFJ woman, and you’re interested in living your best INFJ life, sign up to receive The INFJ Life, a weekly email with weekly tips, action items, and stories about life as an INFJ woman. Just click the button below:
Depending on the situation, INFJs can have a lot of contradictions as part of their personality. Here's a list of seven! Comment below and let me know which contradictions you've seen in YOUR life.
- We can simultaneously love people, but then not really be able to stand people at times, or want to be around them.
- We hate small talk but love talking in depth about topics of real substance and meaning or things we’re passionate about.
- We’re super private and don’t like answering questions about ourselves, but then we’ll offer up information about ourselves on our own initiative.
- We can be loving, open, and kind, but we can also be extremely cold and shut off.
- We can completely understand the emotions of others, but then not understand our own.
- We can know we love music or books, but then walk into a music or bookstore and suddenly not have any idea of what kind of music we like or what kind of book we want to read.
- We easily see the big picture, but we can also manage the details needed to get something done.
Ok, so there you have it—7 contradictions of our unique personality. What else would you include? Comment below! I’d love to hear your thoughts on contradictions you’ve experienced in your life.