I'm back with 8 things INFJs say. Here we go!
- If that makes any sense. - We’re aware that what we say is not always translated well by others, so we may find ourselves adding this to the end of our sentences, or asking, “Do you get what I’m saying?” Knowing that we’re frequently misunderstood, we also desperately want others to understand us.
- Nothing, at the time, but 5 minutes after the conversation on a topic stops, you have a really insightful thought to add to the conversation. You were still thinking about the conversation long after it stopped, but others will probably see your insight as out of the blue.
- I don’t know how I know, I just know. - Your intuition works without you even having to try by connecting patterns, events, and ideas in the background while you go about your day. Then an idea pops into your mind, seemingly out of nowhere. Trying to explain how you know is nearly impossible.
- This just doesn’t feel right. - This goes along with the I don’ know how I know, I just know. Your gut tells you something and it just doesn’t feel right.
- I’m sorry…repeatedly, even if it’s not our fault!
- I get what you’re saying, but… - We’re always looking at a different perspective and trying to see all sides.
- I read this article the other day… - This can also be “One time, I ___” and proceed to tell an not-too-private story about ourselves to relate to the situation. Articles we’ve read, podcasts we’ve listened to, or personal experiences are frequently shared in an effort to help the other person feel related to and comfortable.
- Is there anything I can do to help?…we’ll say this even if we don’t really mean it, but more often than not, we genuinely want to help.
And that's what INFJs say! What other things do we say? Comment below and tell me the things YOU find yourself saying frequently.
If you’re an INFJ woman, and you’re interested in living your best INFJ life, sign up to receive The INFJ Life, a weekly email with weekly tips, action items, and stories about life as an INFJ woman. Just click the button below: